Monday, November 17, 2014

Owl I Want For Christmas...

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to blogging, but I'm so excited to start sharing my creations. With the holiday season right around the corner I've been crafting up a storm in preparation! Here's a look at one the cards I made that I've just fallen in love with!




I found this adorable stamp at Michael's and I was lucky enough to get a bogo deal on it! It was buy one get one free on most of their wood and clear stamps. I've wanted this owl for a while and it was the perfect chance to get it.

I used a Lawn Fawn notecard for the card base. I stamped the owl on some Neenah solar white cardstock in Memento Tuxedo Black ink because I used Copic markers to color in the image.

For his hat I used one of my favorite red combos: R24, R46 and RV69
For the owl's body I used a wide mix of browns: E53, E31, E33, E39, E23, and YR24
For the fluffy part of the hat I used: N00 and N02
For the background I used: B00, B02, B04, B06 and the colorless blender

I die cut a circle using my Lil' Inkers Designs Stitched Circle Die. I also die cut the Banner Die by Mama Elephant and stamped two hearts on it to tie in the red colors used in the hats. (I used the same copic colors as the hat)

I assembled the card and heat embossed the sentiment from a Lawn Fawn Winter Owl set.

Here's a close up of that cute owl.



One holiday card down! Way too many left to go! :) Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you saw something you liked!! Until next time,

Cass

6 comments:

  1. Super fun Owl card! Congrats on your new blog - I popped over to see it from Instagram! I love the way you colored the owl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! For stopping by and your sweet comment!

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world! Your card is absolutely adorable, looking forward to seeing more of your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popping over from instagram to check your new blog out!! Love the theme you chose - simple and classy! Great card!! Your coloring of the owl is AMAZING!! Thanks for listing all of the copic colors you used! Can't wait to see more of your wonderful creations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I went simple because it seemed easiest! :) :)

      Delete