Saturday, November 29, 2014

Hi everyone!

I don't know about you guys, but I am still stuffed from Thursday! I had an amazing day with my family. I hope everyone was as lucky!

Today I have a fun thank you card that I put together with two of my favorite brands, Mama Elephant and Lawn Fawn. On a totally different note I also placed an order with Lawn Fawn on Friday in order to get the cute freebie stamp. If you place an order at Lawn Fawn and spend at least $35 you automatically get the Color My World set! This is only good through December 1st!

Alright! Here's a look at the card.


 I started out coloring the moose from Lawn Fawn's Critters In The Arctic set, and then cut him out and ran my black copic around the outer edges of the moose so it looked finished. Next I die cut the stitched rectangle and stamped the sentiment "thanks" from Mama Elephant's Balloon Letters set. I added a grassy hill for the moose to stand on and some blue sky for the balloons to float towards using distress inks and a mini blending tool from Tim Holtz. I also heat embossed some clouds in the background. Next time I will have to think of where I'm going to put the clouds before starting the card to make it look a little better.




 

I wrapped some black thread around the antlers and held them in place with some tape. Next I had to add the strings from the balloon letters. To make sure I had them going to where the antlers would be I placed the moose on the card and lightly traced the antlers with pencil. Then I used a Copic Multiliner to draw the strings and made sure to end them in between the pencil lines. When I was finished I erased the lines and put the moose on with some foam tape. I added some white dots to his antlers and the rectangle piece was finished.


I used some yellow cardstock for the card base and clear embossed a fun background print on the front of the card base.

For the moose's body I used my favorite brown combo: E31, E33,E37 and E79
For the moose's antlers and hooves I used: W1, W3 and W5

Here's one last look at the card!
And that's all for this post! I'd love to here about any deals you got found this weekend! I also splurged on some Simon Says Stamp inks when they had 30% off all of their Simon products and I can't wait to get them!

Have a great Saturday!

Cass

3 comments: